Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ravi Rahalkar

I tracked up Ravi Rahalkar of our batch today. When you think about it, it is fascinating how the country has been networked over these years to an extent that if you are determined to track out someone you can. It took me exactly 7 minutes, and therefore it is surprising that our intelligence agencies are finding it unable to track down some criminals who leave long trails even after years and crores worth of expenditure. Ravi, as he told me runs two autorickshaws and naturally has no long trails behind him. So maybe I should belong in some other profession.

I had vaguely heard someone say that Ravi Rahalkar is in Gwalior running a transport business. Starting with this premise, I checked out the BSNL website for Gwalior and found one entry under Rahalkars. That was Dhananjay Rahalkar. I called them up and asked the lady who picked up if Ravi Rahalkar stayed there. She naturally said no. I said I am calling from Delhi and that Ravi Rahalkar was a friend and that this number was given to me by mutual friends. I also told her that Ravi Rahalkar was my classmate in Karnataka over 25 years back. She called her husband and I told him the same thing. He vaguely seemed to remember that one of his uncles worked in Karnataka around that period. But that those people were now in Baroda and not in Gwalior. He didn’t have their number. I requested him to get it for me and that I will call back. Very soon I called back and got a number. I called up that number in Baroda. Initially there were a few hiccups since the STD code of Baroda seems to have become 0265 from 01263. Finally I got through and talked to him. He was as cheerful as he used to be. Married and with a son and a daughter. His parents stay with him.; He seems to be driving CNG autorickshaws. Now that we have got hold of him lets keep in touch. His number is 91-265-6584919

I must remind Jayachandran and Usha Shankar at this time that their assignment of locating Usha Ramachandran and Kumari Balakrishnan are pending still. Godspeed guys!!! Also if Silent Saikrishna is still reading this blog, we would request the phone number of D M Murali if he has come back to India. Prasanna (one hopes it is Prasanna Ramakrishnan) sent me a surprise Diwali greetings. I asked her to reply and confirm but as usual she has gone underworld. She needs to join the NSG commandoes in Delhi with her hit and run kind of approach! Also received Diwali greetings from most of you and reciprocated. Not much updates. Will get back to the blog in its original spirit soon. See you guys.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on locating more wadiites

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job in loacating the Rahalkars.

I am still working on locating KB Madam.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good that u have found out ravi rahlkar.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home